Friday, May 9, 2014

Psalm 2
Jesus has all power both in heaven and in earth, and is head over all things, no matter what kings and rulers on earth may say or think. 
"Blessed are all who take refuge in him."

Friends, take a good look at Psalm 22!
Ps 22:1
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning?
These same words were spoken by Jesus from the cross.
Mark 15:34
And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"-- which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Jesus is telling us to look at Psalm 22! It reads like an eyewitness account of the crucifixion. Look at what is being said in the Old Testament psalm and what is recorded in the New Testament gospel accounts. Quite a match!

“All who see me mock me; they hurl insults…”They mocked and insulted Jesus.
Mark 15:29-32
Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, "So! You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, come down from the cross and save yourself!" In the  same way the chief priests and the teachers of the law mocked him among themselves. "He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself! Let this Christ, this King of Israel, come down now from the cross, that we may see and believe." Those crucified with him also heaped insults on him.
Luke 23:36-37
The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar and said, "If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself."

Ps 22:14-15
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted away within me.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.
John 19:28
28 Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty."
Ps 22:16
16 Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet.
John 19:24
24 "Let's not tear it," they said to one another. "Let's decide by lot who will get it." This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled which said, "They divided my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing." So this is what the soldiers did.

Ps 22:17-18
17 I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.
John 19:36-37
36 These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken,"
37 and, as another scripture says, "They will look on the one they have pierced."

Ps 22:24
For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.
God may have turned His back on the sin that Jesus bore, but He did not forsake Jesus.

Ps 22:30-31
Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn-- for he has done it.
What an encouragement to us! Tell future generations about the Lord, proclaim His righteousness! Have we, as believers in Jesus, done that today?

Psalm 27
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
Waiting is often difficult for us, isn't it?  God can use our waiting time to refresh us, renew us, and teach us.  To wait is to look eagerly for something with hopeful expectation.  Do we eagerly expect Him to refresh, renew, and teach us?

No comments:

Post a Comment