Monday, August 23, 2010

Jer 33:11b
" For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were before,' says the LORD.

This little sentence speaks volumes concerning God’s promises! He promises to restore the fortunes of the land “as they were before…” Which “before”? Could it be that He is promising to restore things as they were in the Garden of Eden? Is this a promise for the millennium? Read on and it will be obvious!

Jer 30:3
The days are coming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will bring my people Israel and Judah back from captivity and restore them to the land I gave their forefathers to possess,' says the LORD."

If we go all the way back to the original “forefathers”, it takes us back to the Garden of Eden.

While these Scriptures certainly speak of a literal fulfillment during the days of the Biblical writing, it also is a layered prophecy that speaks of a fulfillment yet in our future. That’s what makes this His “living” Word!

Jer 30:21
I will bring him near and he will come close to me, for who is he who will devote himself to be close to me?' declares the LORD.

Our prayer is that all of us will devote ourselves to be close to HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment