Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jer 18:2-4
"Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

Jeremiah’s message from the potter was a bit different from Phil’s message. The message Phil received was; No matter how marred you are, how useless and inadequate you may feel- or even how blind you are – God shapes what you are into a shape that is pleasing to Him.

Jer 20:9
But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
If God’s Word is in our heart like a fire, we should not be able to hold it in.

Jeremiah again in today’s reading feels self pity and betrayal, even curses the day he was born, and yet he praises God. Good example for us wouldn’t you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment