Sunday, September 30, 2012

Psalm 116, 117, 118 are psalms that are often recited by Hebrew people (past and present) during the Feast of Unleavened Bread, most specifically on the day before the Passover (which is called the sacred assembly).

Ponder this:
If Jesus and His disciples recited these same psalms during their sacred assembly (the Last Supper) just prior to Jesus’ arrest, they take on a very deep significant spiritual meaning. Read Psalm 116 and Psalm 118 in today’s reading in the Chronological Bible as if they truly were recited by Jesus and His disciples that night. Pay particular attention to these passages for the prophetic significance.

Ps 118:26-27
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD. From the house of the LORD we bless you. The LORD is God, and he has made his light shine upon us. With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession up to the horns of the altar.
Sound like the triumphal entry into Jerusalem amid waving of palm branches? Even the same words were spoken by those gathered in the procession.
 
Ps 116:13-15
I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD. I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Ps 116:18-19
I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the LORD-- in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the LORD.
Who was “lifted up” as the cup of salvation. Who fulfilled His vows! None other than Jesus!

Ps 118:6-7
The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The LORD is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies.
Indeed…what can man do to Jesus? Who triumphed over His enemies? Who triumphed over Satan and the grave? None other than Jesus!

Ps 118:16-17
The LORD's right hand is lifted high; the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!" I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done.
Who is the Lord’s right hand? None other than Jesus!

Ps 118:20
This is the gate of the LORD through which the righteous may enter.
Who is the gate? None other than Jesus!

Ps 118:22
The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone;
Who is the capstone? None other than Jesus!

All this leads us to the following: 
Ps 118:29
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Who is good? Whose love endures forever? None other than Jesus!

INDEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment