Thursday, September 6, 2012

In yesterday’s reading there was mention of the holiness of the millennial temple. There in the millennial temple, the house of Israel will never again defile His holy name.
Ezek 43:7-9
He said: "Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever. The house of Israel will never again defile my holy name-- neither they nor their kings-- by their prostitution and the lifeless idols of their kings at their high places. When they placed their threshold next to my threshold and their doorposts beside my doorposts, with only a wall between me and them, they defiled my holy name by their detestable practices. So I destroyed them in my anger. Now let them put away from me their prostitution and the lifeless idols of their kings, and I will live among them forever.
How have we as Believers in Jesus defiled His holy name by placing our threshold (our limits) next to His? Our doorposts (our laws) beside His? Have we defiled His holy name by joining secularism with God’s ordained holy festivals? (Christmas???) Have we sacrificed His commands on the altars of paganism? 

In today’s reading there is a contrast between the way the people were defiling the temple then and what the millennial temple will be.   There are also  commands for the millennial kingdom concerning the observance of some of God’s holy festivals, specifically Passover and the Feast (Feast of Tabernacles). If these are observances that God has ordained for believers, shouldn’t we as Believers in Jesus be remembering them now?

Feast of Tabernacles begins on September 30 this year. We will have a remembrance at our house. Email us at philandpatti@gmail.com if you are interested in attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment