Saturday, April 21, 2012

Psalm 35:1-2 Contend, LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take up shield and armor; arise and come to my aid.

Just because we want God to contend with our enemies doesn't mean that's God's will.

Throughout Psalms 35, 41, and 43 David cries out for vindication. He cries for those who suffer betrayal from friends.“Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.”Does this sound like Jesus speaking of Judas?

He cries out for insight in the face of opposition. He asks for the defeat of his enemies. And then he admonishes himself in the following:

Psa 43:5 Why are you discouraged, my soul? Why are you so restless? Put your hope in God, because I will still praise him. He is my savior and my God.

Read Psalm 46 again and pause for reflection every time you see the word Selah. It sounds as if David has been given a keyhole view of the Day of the Lord. Notice what is says about the earth melting. Kind of matches what Peter told us about.

2Pe 3:7 But the present heavens and the earth being kept in store by the same Word, are being kept for fire until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

David ends the reading for today with a great verse to pause and reflect upon.

Psa 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Cast burdens to Him, He can handle it!


No comments:

Post a Comment