Friday, April 27, 2012

“Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord”
How many people may be watching us, see what we are doing, and because of something we have said or done, put their trust in the Lord? We may never know how we have affected others for eternity.

"Sacrifice and offering you did not desire but my ears you have pierced."
The piercing of the ear was the mark of a slave. It illustrates ownership.
God doesn’t want our meaningless rituals! He wants an attitude of devotion, praise, worship, and thankfulness to Him. He wants us to speak of His faithfulness and salvation. He wants us to tell it to “the great assembly.”

In Psalm 49 tell us to check our investments. Have we invested in earthly things that do not last or in heavenly things that last for eternity?

"He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me."
This seems to be a bit of a contradiction from the previous verses that tell us that God does not need our sacrifices and burnt offerings. However, burnt offerings and sacrifices were required. Thank offerings are the willing ones. God doesn't want our offerings and sacrifices out of obligation. He wants our willing giving.

“…my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.”
To envy others for their “stuff” puts us on a slippery slope.

“Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.”
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment