Monday, July 15, 2013

Isaiah says that the enemies of Israel will acknowledge, "Surely God is will you, and there is no other; there is no other god."

Jacob’s descendants have been told they will not seek Him in vain.
Isa 45:19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.

Those who seek Him, find Him.
Prov 8:17
I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.
Jer 29:13
You will seek me and find me
when you seek me with all your heart.
Amos 5:4
This is what the LORD says to the house of Israel: "Seek me and live;

Isaiah 45 tells us the Lord says, "Before me every knee will bow; every tongue swear (or confess)."
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
 
Repetition seems to be a very common theme throughout God's Word.  We are consistently and repeatedly warned about our idols.  We were thinking about some of the idols we may have.  We certainly don't make a "god" out of silver or gold, carry it around, put it on a stand, bow down and worship that kind of idol.  God says through Isaiah that the idols are burdensome.  Maybe that would shed some light on what our idols are. Maybe we should evaluate how we spend our time by journaling a normal weekly routine. 

No question in Isaiah 47 of how God feels about astrology. 

Ever had a time in your life when you felt as if you were in the “furnace of affliction”? (Isa 48:10). Ever wonder why??? Isa 48:11a
For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
Next time you are in the “furnace of affliction” remember it is for His sake that you are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment