Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Very intriguing – Psalm 130

Ps 130:1-8
Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD; O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared. I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.

The Hebrew word for the word LORD (all caps) is Yehovah (God, the Father) and the word Lord (only capital L) is Adonai (God, the Son). The writer is calling to God the Father, but it is God the Son who interacts. The soul waits for redemption through God the Son. Read this again and place the Father and Son where they belong in place of the words LORD or Lord and see if it gives a deeper meaning. Also remember God the Son is the “word”.

“Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.”
Boy are we getting hammered lately concerning our careless words.

No comments:

Post a Comment