Friday, June 27, 2014

Micah tells us to "Heed the rod and the One who appointed it." 
We should accept the discipline and learn from it.  And not do as it is recorded in the following.

Zep 3:7
I thought that then my people would have reverence for me and accept my discipline, that they would never forget the lesson I taught them. But soon they were behaving as badly as ever. 

"You will store up but save nothing, because what you save I will give to the sword."
Wow!  Think about the message of The Harbinger.  Money has been pulled out of the national treasury to provide security, all because of 9/11.

Micah warns about traditions. Interesting how this admonition follows the above Scripture. Most all the references to tradition or traditions in Scripture (those not God-ordained) have negative implications. (Matthew 15, Mark 7, Galatians 1)

Col 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

"...the powerful dictate what they desire - they all conspire together."
In light of recent news concerning decisions that violate the U,S, Constitution, the lack of protection for the 10th Amendment, these words certainly ring true! 


"Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light."
Job is an excellent example.  Even though in this world darkness is all around us, praise God, we have that hope!

"Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives transgression of the remnant of his inheritance?"

No comments:

Post a Comment