Friday, June 25, 2010

Isaiah writes in similar vein as Joel did concerning the wrath of God. Compare Isaiah Chapters 5, 1, and 2 with Joel (especially Joel 2).

Read Isaiah 4 and Isaiah 2. This is what things will look like in the Millennial Kingdom.

Oh, what an unbelievably compelling ending to today’s reading. The imagery is incredible! Isaiah was allowed to see the throne of the Lord in the heavenly temple. Isaiah knew he was in the presence of the Lord and he knew he was unworthy. He lamented, “Woe to me!” and “…my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

He no doubt was very familiar with this Scripture:
Exodus 33:20

But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

Isaiah knew he would not be able to look upon the face of God and live. But he wasn’t looking upon the face of God, the Father. John identified the glory that Isaiah saw. He saw God, the Son!

John 12:41
Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.

I (Patti) have always been drawn to the verse, “Here am I. Send me!” As a teen-age Christian I thought God was speaking to me about being a missionary. Some 40 years later I have come to understand just what being a missionary really means.

Did you attach yourselves to the oxygen tank as we have been deep-sea diving in Isaiah?

One final note on today’s reading.
2 Chr 27:6

Jotham grew powerful because he walked steadfastly before the LORD his God.
Jotham lined up his will with God’s will. Pretty good advice for us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment