Monday, February 8, 2010

Great words of affirmation for Moses in today's reading!
Num 12:5-8a
Then the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud; he stood at the entrance to the Tent and summoned Aaron and Miriam. When both of them stepped forward, he said, "Listen to my words: "When a prophet of the LORD is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD.

WOW! The Lord speaks to Moses "face to face"!

The leaders who were sent in to explore the land certainly displayed their lack of trust in God to keep His promises…all of them except for Joshua and Caleb. Oh, that we could all live our lives trusting the Lord to keep His promises!

Ps 145:13
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.

A land flowing with milk and honey is a land of crops and animals. The land is divided up into the milk land where animals are raised (goats, sheep) and the honey land is where the crops are raised (dates, figs, etc.) The Nephilim were giants. Men of unnatural size or ability.

When the people saw what happened to the leaders of the 10 tribes, they sure were quick to obey God then…but alas it was too late. God had been willing to do their fighting for them, but once they displayed lack of trust, God was not with them. And isn't it amazing that God promised to do their fighting for them way back in Exodus 23, right after He SPOKE the Ten Commandments to them.

Exod 23:27-28
"I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run. I will send the hornet ahead of you to drive the Hivites, Canaanites and Hittites out of your way.

Did they forget???

No comments:

Post a Comment